Social Factor is a social media agency that believes in the power of Human Connection. Our talented teams take the fear out of scale and unleash our clients’ brands to listen, reach, and respond. We are searching for a Controller to oversee our company’s financial planning and accounting operations. In this role you will be responsible for the entire Finance and Accounting function. The Controller provides financial leadership and guidance to the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for the overall financial health of the company, providing financial analysis and forecasting to manage the business on a daily basis.
- Providing the financial picture to leadership in terms of forecasting, margins, cashflow, headcount, etc.
- Develop budgeting and financial planning processes for departments and the organization.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements and professional standards including SOC2 compliance.
- Establishing and maintaining financial controls with the accounting department.
- Preparing and presenting financial reports and risk analysis.
- Creating budgets and forecasts.
- Guiding financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Create reports that help senior leadership understand company financials.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of 10 years experience in a financial leadership position preferably in a growing organization
- Experience with Social Media, Advertising, or Marketing related companies is a plus.
- Proven work experience in accounting or a related field.
- Understanding of applicable laws and regulations.
- Understanding of economic principles, financial markets, and banking.
- Understanding of financial data analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions.
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organization and priority-setting skills.
- Proven experience in financial project management.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in Excel.
- Must be able to communicate financial information into sound business language so people of all levels can understand.
- Knowledge of federal regulation on taxes and reporting.
- Deep understanding of finance.
Social Factor Culture
- Here at Social Factor, we encourage our employees to embrace the casual atmosphere of a growing dynamic agency.
- Our team members are humble yet bold, motivated and hardworking, ready to serve and help others, and always interested in the latest the digital world has to offer. If this describes you, we'd love to hear from you!